These are my Top 10 Essential Writing Books for any writer, no matter what their experience level.
- Zen & the Art of Writing by Ray Bradbury
- Self-Editing for Fiction Writers, Second Edition: How to Edit Yourself Into Print by Browne & King
- The Emotion Thesaurus: A Writer’s Guide To Character Expression by Ackerman
- Scene & Structure by Bickham
- Techniques of the Selling Writer by Dwight V. Swain
- Beginnings, Middles & Ends by Kress
- The Elements of Style, Fourth Edition by Strunk & White
- On Writing by Stephen King
- Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life by Anne Lamott
- Let’s Get Visible (and probably its predecessor, Let’s Get Digital) by David Gaughran
Got any you think should be on this list? Let me know in the comments.