In honor of author Andy Peloquin‘s newest release, Blade of the Destroyer, he’s doing a set of character battles on his page and the pages of other authors. So without further ado, here is the DUEL TO THE DEATH between the Amaskan Adelei (Amaskan’s Blood) and the Hunter of Voramis (Blade of the Destroyer)!
In the black corner, weighing in at 180 pounds, standing a cool 6 feet tall, the Hunter of Voramis!
Tale of the Tape:
- Superhuman reflexes, strength, speed–think Captain America, but stronger
- Thousands of years of weapons training
- Body has accelerated healing factor–can survive a sword to the heart (can be killed by drowning, iron weapons, beheading, and suffocation)
- Cannot be killed by anything but iron
- Accursed dagger that heals him when he kills
- No magical abilities whatsoever
- No hesitation to kill if he perceives opponent as a threat/obstacle to his desires–classic anti-hero
In the pitch black corner, we have Adelei, one of the greatest warriors the Amaskans have ever produced!
Tale of the Tape:
- Has killed everything from murderers and pedophiles to Tribor and kings
- The youngest to ever gain entrance into the holy Order of Amaska
- Trained in the art of assassination since she was ten
- Skilled in the use of throwing knives, bow, and dagger
- Human, so no super powers or magical abilities
- Very lithe, gymnast-built body, so she’s stronger and faster than she looks
- Very nimble on her feet
- Skilled at climbing, tumbling, and what we modern folks would call parkour
- Fighting style similar to Aikido
Two enter the ring, only one can leave alive!
How would Adelei kill the Hunter? Through calm precision and tactics.
To kill Adelei: The Hunter would try to overwhelm her with his inhuman speed, strength, and skill. All he has to do is pierce her skin with Soulhunger, and the dagger will consume her soul. Not even someone with considerable magical abilities can survive Soulhunger’s bite–it was created to kill demons.
To Adelai, the Hunter is an abomination against the Thirteen, and as such, an Amaskan would be tasked with killing him for the good of the Little Dozen Kingdoms. Once tasked with such a job, she will do her best to fulfill it.
Adelai has spent a lifetime of training, but that lifetime is far shorter than the thousands of years the Hunter has fought, bled, and killed–though he can remember none of it. His ability with a blade surpasses hers, and his speed is more than a match for her lithe, nimble grace. Once Soulhunger has tasted her blood, there is nowhere in the world the Hunter could not find her.
Winner: The Hunter
In the battle of the assassins, the immortal killer rules supreme.